tent="web designer, web deveoper, Trudy Guo" /> Organized Chaos | Trudyguo


ABOUT

Given:Trudy 郭
French: Geneviève
Japanese: つぼみ
D.O.B.: 7th July

The only Constant is
Change, Embrace it.


ARCHIVES

Friday, September 29, 2006

A timely reminder!

"LIVE NOT AS MEN WHO DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF LIFE BUT AS THOSE WHO DO."
EPHESIANS 5:15 (PHPS)


An elderly woman wrote this letter to a friend:
'Dear Bertha: I'm reading more
and dusting less, admiring my garden more and fussing less about weeds.
I'm spending more time with loved ones and less time working.
Since life's meant to be enjoyed, not endured, I'm no longer postponing the things
that add joy and laughter. I'm using my best china to celebrate 'special events' like
the first crocus, or losing a pound. I wear my new jacket to the supermarket and I'm
not saving my expensive perfume, I wear it for store clerks and bank tellers!
"Someday" no longer figures in my vocabulary. If it's worth doing.I must do it now!'

Don't you wonder what some people might have done differently if they'd known
they wouldn't be around for the tomorrow we all take for granted?
Hugged their loved ones more?
Contacted estranged friends to mend fences?
Pursued the opportunities they always talked about?
I guess we'll never know. But we do know this: realising our time here is limited, it's
the little things that make us regretful: the unwritten letters, the unspoken 'I love you's',
the unshared testimonies, the times we forgot to thank God for His blessings.

Each morning you should remind yourself that every minute and every breath is a gift.
Maybe life's not the party you hoped for, but it's precious and you should make the most of it.
Don't wait till tragedy reorders your priorities.
Today, start living, 'as men who do know the meaning of life...'

*****
this was an email i received from T. Lisa
makes you think aint it?
talked to Bro Jo and Sis Ber just now...
glad that i talked to them, cause of this phrase...
"you still have to move on even though you don't feel like it..."
this phrase left a great impression on me...
i had been really shagged since the start of hols...
not really sure why...
felt liked a slime...
like a lazy girl...
sitting aside and play with the com, read story books and watch loads of tv...
i have no idea why i became so lazy and slimy...
i know i was down previously...
and after i got prayed forin a extra cg mtg, i came up again...
but i felt that i'm not moving still...
sth like a pull was holding me back...
Lord, i really need You to come true for me...
HEY!
...i think i know wad my problem was!
i was too full of myself... and that held me back...
wad can i do when i'm me-centred, but i know i can do alot when i'm Christ-centred!
yupp that's wad i'd do!
Move on!
Moving-Trudy
I'm glad i had a timely reminder!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


LINKS

Cousin:
ErJie!

Cell Groups:
E316
N317
N415
N351
w433
W381

City Harvest Church:
EdmundTay
JosKwek
Amber
Emily
JerBlinn
Joanne
AaroN
BiMei
Carin
Clarence
Eileen
Eric
He Sheng
HuangPeng
Kelvin
Kenny
Lester
Loriane
Nigel
Peter
Quelyn
Rebecca
Samuel
Sandy
Shermagne
Shing
Vanessa
Vincent
Wenya
WengLok
ZhengYanG

Wilkie Terrace Chiristian Assembly:
Joanne Tan
John Tan

Ang Mo Kio Primary School:
Carisa
Christine
HweeeKeng
[LiM]JieYinG
Joyce
Pamela
Samantha
[SOH]JieYing
Sophia

Whitley Secondary School:
Badri
Benjamin
Beverly
GuoMing
Janice
Kevin
LiangWei
LingHui
Milinda
MeLina
Michelle
Mr Ong
One Ling
PeiWen
Phillis
Samuel
Sharon
ShinTeng
Shobana
SuLing
Sung Hun
WanLi
WinNie
YimZika
YongXin
Zaki

NanYang Polytechnic:
Belinda
ChinHoon
CongZheng
Cynthia
HanMing
Jason
JingLong
Mar
MeiLing
MeiShan
MingFang
Priscilla
Samantha
Theodora
TianYong
Van-ness
Van-Yeap
YongYi
ZhiFeng

Parade of School:
Andy
Basil
Carrisa
GuiShen
JinLong
Mar
Pascale
Rickson
ShiMin
Valerie

Tuition:
Ammanda
Lydia

Girls' Brigade:
Doree
Lynn
Stacey

哥哥's Friends:
Terence

Powered by Blogger